26 July 2010

Back on the Road and Three Months Behind!

For family and friends following this blog, and those who know me well, may realize that I’m about three months behind writing this and trying to catch up to the present day!  Since the last post was written we left Arizona on the 4th May and have driven just over 5,000 miles from Tucson, through New Mexico, Kansas and Nebraska to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana, where we are now parked in a very pleasant RV Park in Missoula in the northern Rocky Mountains. 






I’m including some photos of our 5th wheel home.   Here are several that I’ve taken of our RV (recreational vehicle) and one of “Rex”, the name we chose for our 1 ton Ford F350 tow truck.




The following entries will show you some of the highlights that we enjoyed during these months and give you an idea of why we love to travel, why we live as we do and why we chose this way of life.  It’s nearly always about the journey; the people we meet, the small town curiosities, the vast expanses of countryside, the variety of landscapes, the places we stay and the freedom that makes this possible.  

Until I catch up, I’ll try to omit the happenings of our daily activities and focus on where we’ve been, but it’s often in the details of the unexpected or conversations with strangers we meet that are a source of delight to us.  I hope that you will find the meanderings enjoyable too and please comment either way.  I’m open to constructive criticism and helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment